Happy Birthday to me…
Yes. I hit 30 this week. How does it feel ? Normal. Just like 29 and mostly 31. 🙂
But ya, I was panicking a little last week. I was doing my own review and found I haven’t accomplished much. When I say ‘much’, it means ‘as I thought I would’. Mainly because, most of these articles out there, about turning 30, points out the good things about it, if you think turning 30 is a bad, scary thing.
First of all, turning 30 isn’t bad at all. Secondly, I was happy about my birthday until I read a few of those articles and realized that I have wasted my life. Ya.So my advice- Never google for a turning 30 or 40 article.Even is you are very successful and accomplished, there would be something which will make you depressed.
So that was last week. And I got over it fast and had a wonderful birthday. 🙂 Got an unlimited shopping offer from my partner and utilized it very well, along with a great dinner.
I had made a 30 before 30 list 2 years back, (here is the link if you wanna double check – 30 before 30) and I decided to quickly check where I stand now even though reviewing and appraising hasn’t been my friend any time. Well, who cares…am gonna do it anyway. So here we go…
Go on a road trip– Done. Not just one but many.
- Do scuba diving – Nope. My aqua-phobia is growing every year and I don’t think I will ever do this one.
Get married– As expected, this happened and I can’t be happier for this one milestone in my life.
- Buy/Finalize a house –ah. Don’t get me started on this one. Our house hunt is continuing for last 2 years and I don’t see this one happening anytime soon.
Go vegetarian for a month– Yup. Done. Get a pay hike– I am not sure why this is even a part of my goals. But done already.
- Start using night cream – hahahah, 2 years before I thought I must do this and now I care a damn about any beauty products, really. Check out my skincare and make up routine for the details – My skin care & make up routine
Move to another country– I have been travelling a lot since I wrote this one 2 years back. I even went on assignments abroad but never got a chance to settle anywhere. Now, after seeing all he hatred news I don’t wanna live in any other country but mine.
- Cut my hair short…really short – I have had multiple hair styles but never too short. I can’t make up my mind on this one.
Go shopping in Singapore– Done. Explored all the branded and local shopping streets in Singapore since I was there for a month. Learn not to get upset on everything– Oh am happy to say that I improved a lot. I am quietly turning to my Mom now and am loving it.
- Run a marathon – Just for fun – Nope. 😦
Go to a concert– Yup, while we were in Singapore.
- Travel somewhere all by myself – Even though I did a lot of lone travel in Singapore, I can’t really count it in the way I mentioned this goal. I need to bag pack at least once.
- Spend a night camping under the stars – Nope. During our travels, most days end up with high alcohol content and thus cant really make a decision on where and how to sleep. Usually we doze of on the couch itself. Sad and so unromantic. I know. I will work on this.
Learn how to wear make up– Nope. Not gonna happen. Sorry. In 2 years I aged at least 10 years, so I ain’t even gonna try this anymore.
- Start a new hobby – hmmm. Good one. I totally forgot about this. Can instagraming be considered as a hobby ?
Learn a new language– Ohh yeah. As I thought I would, I did learned Hindi and Gujarati. Buy a car– Yup. Done and this is one of the best things I have now. Love to drive even though the traffic here sucks.
- Make an album – Ok, not exactly there, but at least I bought an album. I just have to finalize on the pics and then take the print. We can consider this half done, can’t we ?
- Attend a class on anything from cooking to photography – Well, am turning to be a pro in both cooking and photography without any class..lol. I know, I know. That wasn’t the point. I am planning for a yoga class now but my sleeping habits are saying no. I shall try more.
Get a pet– Nooooo. I really want one but my partner doesn’t like any animals…grrr. Drawbacks of relationships. Read more books– I think I am pretty much doing this even though its been 2 months since I read my last book.
- Make wine – No…still pending.
Watch movie in an open theater– Ok. I tried. But there are no open theater in this place. What shall I do ?
- Start waking up early in morning – Can 7 be considered as early in the morning ?
- Visit Paris – Not yet but may be soon.
Bake a cake– Nope. Striking off as I am not gonna do it. Write more– Yes. I am. And am working on my writing by my non-travel posts challenge..check out older posts.
Learn how to be happy– I can’t say I learned this but I am less depressed now. So may be I did.
I am not exactly counting the goals I already accomplished but I think I have done pretty good, right ? I hope you agree with me.
Until next post.